In honor of January 23 being National Pie Day, a group of bloggers, inspired by Tammy at The Pink Magnolia, decided to share some pie recipes. I found this one over at Tina's place, Cherry Hill Cottage. I have made it twice now and it is always a big hit. It tastes so yummy and it's easy...and I'm all about easy!! Sorry I don't have a picture..maybe next time when I make it I'll post one.
Crescent Roll Apple Pie
Bake @ 350 - 45 minutes... 1 package Pillsbury Crescent Rolls 1 granny smith apple 1 stick butter 1 cup sugar 1/4 tsp. salt 1/2 tsp. cinnamon 1 tsp. vanilla 1 cup Mountain Dew Spray 8x8 dish with Pam. Separate Crescent Rolls, stretch out to make larger. Peel, core and cut apple into 8 pieces. Divide apple into 8 pieces. Divide apple slices onto crescents, roll up into crescents. Shape and place in dish. Mix mixture of butter, sugar, cinnamon, salt, and vanilla. Spoon onto top of crescents. Pour Mountain Dew all around rolls. Do not pour directly on tops...Bake.
I have been tagged by my buddy Karen H. to do a MeMe of 15 reasons why it's great to be me! This MeMe began with Jan at Bold &Free because she didn't want to dwell on the negative things in her life that day, but to focus on the positive! A great lesson for us all! If you're tired of reading all about me by this time, feel free to click on the little x at the top right hand corner!! :) BUT, if you are truly my Bloggy Friends like it says on my list in the sidebar here, you'll suffer through this list and read them anyway!! :)
1. It's great to be me because I am married to a good man who is my best friend.
2. It's great to be me because I have 2 wonderful children who are grown and doing well for themselves.
3. It's great to be me because my 2 wonderful children have given me 4 wonderful grandchildren, 2 boys, 2 girls.
4. It's great to be me because all of the above 3 on this list love me, light up my life and keep me feeling young.
5. It's great to be me because Love lifted me.
6. It's great to be me because I finally have the old house I have wanted since I was very young.
7. It's great to be me because I am surrounded by beautiful mountains.
8. It's great to be me because I'm not working right now and I can be a "homebody"!
9. It's great to be me because I have found so many new friends here in Blogland.
10. It's great to be me because I know if I need someone to pray I can count on these friends.
11. It's great to be me because I live in a great country where I still have freedom! GOD BLESS AMERICA!
12. It's great to be me because I live in a small town where people know each other and speak when you pass them on the street.
13. It's great to be me because I have drawings on my refrigerator that were done by my grandchildren. I have a friend who has no children and really never wanted any. But she looks at my refrigerator which is loaded with photos and drawings and says that is one thing she feels she has missed by not having children!! I also have what I call my "treasure box" where I keep the older drawings, little notes from the kids, valentines and special cards. I am so blessed!
14. It's great to be me because I've always been surrounded by music.
15. It's great to be me because I have been blessed enough to list 15 reasons why it's great to be me!!
If you have read (suffered through) my list of 15 and would like to play along, consider yourself tagged!!