Thursday, January 24, 2008

Hats, hats, hats.....

Well, I was tagged again for another MeMe but I thought I'd give you all a break today and do that one tomorrow. I know you're probably tired of hearing about ME!! So today is a little fun post.

After eating at Cracker Barrel (Brenda's favorite place) the other night with Jenny and her family, Claire and I shopped! We found lots of hats so I tried one on. She laughed at me and wanted to take my picture because I looked so funny.

brown hat

That one really helps to accent my double chin, don't you think?? How scary that is! Then I tried this one:

black hat

I don't think I'm going to join the red hat society for obvious reasons!! The fun continued with this hat:

pink hat

This hat just wasn't right for Claire. She didn't like this little straw number with the pink foof! She's more of a glam girl preferring the glitz and glitter! (Say that sentence 3 times real fast! :)

cowgirl hat

Now that's a cowgirl!! When she was about 3 years old she told me she wanted to be a cowgirl when she grew up and showed me how she would twirl her lasso above her head. Then she said, "Granny, you can be a cowgirl when you grow up too!" How cute is that?? Don't laugh. I might just be a cowgirl when I grow up!!

What about this one? Too cute!!

Bunny hat

Then we found this strange little hairpiece and had to get a picture of it too:

hair piece

Claire and I really do have some silly, fun times together. Making memories! I told you before she will always play my silly games! Kian and Collin don't really get into this kind of fun much, even though I think they would have looked cute in these hats too! I hope Josie will like silly games when she gets older!!

I hope you enjoyed our little hat fashion show. Maybe next time we will model bikinis!!



17 comments:

Angela said...

Hi Hope:-)
I think you looked absolutley adorable in hats..
They make every woman look marvelous daahling!!! :-). I love, love Cracker Barrel. They have way too many cute goodies in there don't they? :-).
Have a wonderful day!!

Karen H. said...

Good Afternoon Hope,
Did you by any chance lose an Apple? LOL. I found it on my cursor. LOL. That is just too cute. I was just over at Brandy's and noticed she had a Care Bear. Where did yall get those cursors? Yall are getting way beyond me now. LOL. You look might purty in the hats. I really love the Pink Cowgirl Hat your Grandaughter has on. That would be right up our youngest daughter's alley as well. She loves Pink and all the glitzy things. Looks like yall had a good time playing with hats and eating at Cracker Barrel. It's been several years since I've eaten at a Cracker Barrel. Take care my friend and have a great day. May God Bless You and Yours.

Love & Hugs,
Karen H.
P.S. I never get tired of you telling things about yourself. I always enjoy reading what you post.

A Romantic Porch said...

Adorable story and cute pictures. Thank you for sharing. You sound like a fun grandma!

Talk..to..Grams said...

You all are adorable!! My arm is feeling a lot better! I did a new post today!!
I won't be able to get to all my favorite blogs today but had to stop by here!! I miss everyone so much!! Love and Hugs Grams

Karla Cook @ Roads to Everywhere said...

I think y'all were having way too much fun!!

Anonymous said...

Oh Hope, I love that black one and looked at it the last time I was in CB but thought I might wait and get it on sale this spring...
Have you ever been to a CB porch sale? They are awesome!

Ya'll are too cute!

I truly think you should join the RHS as you were playful enough to try on hats in public and take pictures even...gal, you would fit right in!!

Diane@Diane's Place said...

Hi, Hope. I'm just now getting around to returning my comments from yesterday. Your crescent apple pie is a favorite around here, especially hot out of the oven with a big glass of milk or a cup of hot black coffee!

I've got a wide silly streak in my personality so I feel right at home here, LOL! ;o)

I'll be back by to see you. Don't be a stranger.

Hugs,

Diane

Peggy said...

I have 2 granddaughters that will get silly with me. The others think its soooo embarrassing!

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

MMMMM
Post a warning before that bathing suit spree!
LOL
Those hats are precious. Did y'all get some funny looks?

Anonymous said...

Granny!! Why the heck did you put that there!!!!! I'm going to get you!!!!

With love,
Claire

Anonymous said...

Thanks Hope for your prayers and love! i will need you for sure and I know your the type of friend that will be there.
the hats were so cute.. hush up about that chin..i didn't even notice. I thought of joining the Red hat club just to find fun women,but with my short hair im not beautiful in hats either. Tammy said 50 and below are pink hats.
Please don't tell me you went tp Cracker Barrel and didn't buy anything? You must be one strong woman.
Hugs,Brenda

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

I love hats! I wish they would come back big time the way they were way back when! Looks like y'all had a fun time! I love Cracker Barrel too!

Katherine

Betty said...

Nice fashion show, Hope. You put me right at the Cracker Barrel. Now I'm getting hungry, lol.

I can't wait for you to model the bikini.

How is Josie doing? Is she growing a lot?

Oh, I love the apple cursor.

Nora Lee said...

Too funny, I thought I was the only one who liked to shop at Cracker Barrel!

Love it...

bj said...

The one thing my kids and grandkids will say if asked what they have learned from me is "NEVER forget how to play"......
I love that you "play" with your kids...
hugs, bj

Renie Burghardt said...

Cute hats on cute faces! I enjoyed the hat fashions. Your granddaughter is adorable!

Have a great weekend.

Renie

j said...

Hope, Claire is BEAUTIFUL...I mean it. No Granny flattery here. I bet she is just as sweet as she looks. You are so blessed! Tell her that some chic in Alabama thinks that she is one gorgeous gal. Hats are fun and I have a face for them when my weight is down. But I always feel like a doofus in anything but a ball cap, and how lady like is a ball cap? - Jennifer