Monday, December 31, 2007

I HAVE BEEN TAGGED

Here's how it works:

Link to the person who tagged you. Peggy @ Hidden Haven Homestead

Post the rules on your blog.

Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself on your blog.

Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.

Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blogs.

Random Facts About Hope:

1) I use to live next door to the White House. Well, not exactly. I went to D.C. with another girl to work for the government when I was about 19. We lived on 16th street and could see the top of the White House from our apartment building. I lived in that area for 7 years before coming back to the hills.

2) I was born at my Aunt's house..not a hospital. I was the youngest of 6 children and my mother had them all at home. She was older by the time I came along and must have had a few complications because with me she had a doctor and not a midwife. She refused to go to the hospital so the doctor asked her to please try to get closer to the hospital at least which is how I came to be born in Tennessee instead of VA.

3) I am a smoker (insert condemnations here). I have Chantix tucked away in a drawer. Hopefully I'll get up the courage to take them in this new year and quit. We'll see how that goes.

4) I would love to be a writer. I have so many true and interesting stories inside my head that I would like to share with others but it doesn't seem to flow from my mind, through my arm to my hand, and onto paper! I can't seem to collect my thoughts as well as I get older!!

5) Speaking of old....I turned 60 in September. I find myself wondering where all those years went!! My mind still feels young but my body keeps arguing with my mind!!

6) I was very shy growing up. If somebody even spoke to me I would hide behind my mother. As a result I would let people run over me in a sense. I was like that until I had my daughter. When that mother bear instinct took over I got over the shyness fast.

7) I have a fear of flying. I flew one time when I was about 21 in a small plane. We flew over DC into Maryland. I was enjoying it until an engine went out and smoke started coming from it. A friend of ours was the pilot and must have been a good one. He landed us safely even though we bounced down the runway!! Now I get this crazy feeling in the pit of my stomach if I even watch a plane taking off from the airport!!

Ok, Peggy, I did it. Now tagging 7 others might be a problem. All the people on my list have either already been tagged or are out of town!! lol But I'll try!

I tag:
1) Sue @ Country Pleasures
2) Brenda @ Country Romance
3) Tiff @ Folded Gingham
4) Karen@ Kindred Haven
5) Pea @ PEA's Corner
6) Christie @ Serenity Now
7) Carolyn @Talk..to..Grams

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Hope!

I've been enjoying your blog/lurking the last few weeks!

I've been away from blogging but now have a "semi-private" blog. If you would like an invite over just zip me an email which is in my profile.

Tammy

Karen H. said...

Good Afternoon Hope,
It's about time you get up and post. LOL. I loved reading your 7 Random Facts. I am skeered of heights to. LOL. I don't like to fly either. I have flown only 3 times in my life and I was a big old baby while flying. LOL. The last time I flew, I was flying out to Las Vegas to be with hubby. I was so scared on the plane. The guy sitting next to me bought me a small bottle of wine and gave that to me. It helped for a while. LOL. We had alot of turbulence because there was so much rain and Thunderstorm activity for a long way and we had to fly a little higher than normal. I was sure glad when we landed in Vegas. "THANK YOU" for sharing the 7 Random Facts about you. "HAPPY NEW YEAR" to you and yours from our Family. May 2008 be a great and wonderful year for you both. Take care my friend and have a great Monday. May God Bless You and Yours.

Love & Hugs,
Karen H.

Talk..to..Grams said...

That was fun reading your facts!! I chew gum like crazy when I fly!! The first time I flew was when I was a kid with my sister in a small plane! The next time I flew was to Quito,E. where Carrie lived at that time!!
I will try to get this done soon!! Carrie was here today and now on her way to see her grand kids so maybe I will have time this afternoon.
Happy New Years!!! Love and Hugs Grams

Unknown said...

What fun to read about you and learn a little more! Thanks for tagging me, I've been tagged for this one before and it is somewhere in my achives, I'll try to find it! Happy New Year, new friend, blessings to you!

Peggy said...

thanks for playing Hope, Love your answers!