Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas

Well, I hope you all had a Merry Christmas! We had our gathering last night and had a wonderful time with family and friends. The kids had a ball opening their gifts with wrapping paper flying in all directions!! I'm so proud of them. They get a lot for Christmas but they are always appreciative of anything they get. I tried to teach my kids to always be grateful and they have passed it along to their kids!! It makes Granny's heart smile! :)

We were finally able to get the whole gang together for a photo op and the only place we could all fit was on the porch!! Brrrr!!

The Family 2007

Dave's Mommy was here wearing her red Mrs. Santa hat. Ain't she cute???

DSC01484

We also had surprise visitors all the way from New Jersey!! My sister-in-law, Mary, and my niece, Kaycie. You may recall here when I talked about Kaycie making me the snowman gift that I treasure. She is a beautiful young lady now, all grown up!! Mary is not only family but one of my oldest (sorry Mary!) and dearest friends. I miss her so much since she went back to NJ but I just know that someday she'll come back to these hills where she belongs!! :)

Mary and Kaycie 2007

As usual when we get together there was lots and lots of good food. I meant to take a picture of the buffet after it was all set up but we were all hungry and I forgot!! An after-picture wouldn't have been a pretty sight! lol

I was so tired last night after everybody went home but it was a good kind of tired. You know, the kind where you worked hard to make the evening all happen but at the end of it you have some precious memories to tuck away in your heart.



5 comments:

Karen H. said...

Good Afternoon Hope,
Well, I finally made it here. I don't know if blogger is having problems or it's my computer. Anyway, I'm here now. LOL. I love the Family pictures. Hey, the one on the front porch is just beautiful. Ain't nuthin' wrong with havin a picture made on the porch. You didn't take a picture of your food cause you didn't want to share with me and Lib. LOL. Just kiddin' with ya. I know you would share. After I did some work on my blog this morning, I went back to bed and just got back up a bit ago. I need to get around and do some laundry, but I ain't got any energy. LOL. I will send you an email later on. I'm guessin' you want another long one again? LOL. Well, take care my friend and have a great day. May God Bless You and Yours. Thank You for sharing your Family with us. You have a beautiful Family.

Love & Hugs,
Karen H.

Rosie said...

Looks like you had a great Christmas!

I'm a big junk store fan, too...grew up with it. I engage in a bit of dragging home stuff from the dump as well!

I'm really happy you enjoy the blog. There are other stories over on my Editred page where I keep my fiction. If you'd like to join, I'll be happy to add you to my reader's list.

Hugs!

Lib said...

Hi Jope,
Thank you for sharing your Beautiful Family.I just Love Family gatherings. So many memories.
Hope you have a great day.
Blessins',Lib

Peggy said...

Glad you had such an awesome time! Hope your new year is filled with fun, laughter and blessings.

Unknown said...

Looks like you had a lovely Christmas! Don't you just love the house full of family and friends! Great photos and I love all the goodies you got!